DLP Real Estate Capital and its Founder and CEO Don Wenner have been honored as Stevie Awards winners in two distinguished categories for the 18th annual 2020 American Business Awards®:
- Wenner was awarded the GOLD Stevie Award® for Entrepreneur of the Year in Real Estate
- DLP Real Estate Capital was awarded the SILVER Stevie Award® for Achievement in Growth
The American Business Awards are the nation’s premier business awards program. All organizations operating in the U.S.A. are eligible to submit nominations – public and private, for-profit and nonprofit, large and small.
Nicknamed the Stevies for the Greek word meaning “crowned,” the awards will be virtually presented to winners during a live event on Wednesday, August 5, 2020. More than 3,600 nominations from organizations of all sizes and in virtually every industry were submitted this year for consideration in a wide range of categories.
Wenner commented, “What an achievement for our company! On behalf of each and every one of our committed team members at DLP Real Estate Capital, we are grateful for being honored with both of these highly distinguished and well respected awards! I could not have made this company what it is today and where we will be tomorrow without my dedicated and driven team.”
More than 230 professionals worldwide participated in the judging process to select this year’s Stevie Award winners.
On Wenner being named as the top entrepreneur, several judges commented:
- Well done! Undoubtedly, you are an inspiration to other promising new entrepreneurs and your community.
- Don’s business success at the age of 35 is a true inspiration. Beyond his success in business, his commitment to making a difference in the world is incredible with his foundation and his initiatives to give back to homeowners.
- Thirst for knowledge has fuelled an excellent growth which is very clearly exhibited by the results.
On DLP Real Estate Capital being nominated for accelerating growth while infusing culture when the company merged with ‘smart home’ builder Brite Homes in 2019, judges commented:
- DLP’s remarkable growth under the true leadership and the effective project management team is really admirable. Congratulations for the impeccable growth and the other great achievements.
- A strong blend of acquisition, leadership and vision to create this company. The vision was shared with the team and the results speak for themselves.
- DLP Real Estate Capital has achieved impressive growth rates, the beginning was the interest in the human element and the formation of a deep work culture in employee awareness along with the transition to the successful acquisition of Brite Homes, expansion in the markets, doubling the work rates and pumping large investments, which made the company ranked fifth in Inc 5000.
“Despite the toughest business conditions in memory, American organizations continue to demonstrate their commitment to innovation, creativity, and bottom-line results,” said Stevie Awards president Maggie Gallagher. “This year’s Stevie-winning nominations are full of inspiring stories of persistence, ingenuity, resourcefulness, and compassion. We celebrate all of their stories and look forward to showcasing them during our virtual awards ceremony on August 5.”
Details about The American Business Awards and the list of 2020 Stevie Award winners are available at www.StevieAwards.com/ABA.